Sunday 1 September 2024

Postponing Mastermind not cricket? Well, actually

tIt’s not that I don’t like cricket. I mean, it’s not my favourite sport, no. When you get right down to it I probably don’t have the attention span for it. A five day test match that may have no result at the end of it seems a bit excessive, but there you go, each o their own. I will say that both the 1981 and 2005 Ashes series are amongst the most compelling sporting contests that I’ve ever seen.

But.

Breaking up Quizzy Mondays for cricket test highlights, well, that’s something I cannot salute when it gets run up the flagpole. Well, there it is. Sadly Mastermind is one of the BBC’s reliable old warhorses that they are happy to postpone for any old crap – I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets paused when Autumnwatch comes along.

So that, Dearly Beloved, is why there’s no preview today and won’t be one next week either. In tomorrow’s UC, Warwick face the University of East Anglia.

No comments: