Monday 10 April 2023

Mastermind Semi Final Five Preview

What, Riga? Yes, I had a lovely time thanks. It’s a little bit of a gem s a holiday destination for me, is Riga. I mean, I wouldn’t recommend it for families with kids but for the aging enthusiast of architecture, museums, trams and trolleybuses it’s pretty much something.

So let’s get to tonight’s Mastermind then, shall we? Judging by the photograph on the BBC’s Mastermind page tonight’s is an all-male semi final. The subjects on offer are Fridtjof Nansen, the record label 4AD (no, me neither), Christina Rossetti and the Jason Bourne films. Well, this set could see me plumb new depths in terms of the aggregate. I can’t see me getting any on the Bourne films or the record label. Christina Rossetti, maybe I can steal a point or two, and likewise Nansen – I read Roland Huntford’s biography but that was many years ago. Even so, five would be a major triumph.

No comments: