Friday 17 June 2022

I hope you've recovered . . .

 Yes, I hope you've recovered from the celebrations that I'm sure you were holding on Wednesday evening. What celebrations? Why, the 1th Anniversary of me winning a TV show not entirely unconnected with the words 'pass' and 'I've started so I'll finish." Oh, and my 8th birthday as well (the coincidence of the two occurring on the same day being possibly the main reason I can remember the exact date of the former. Well, if you didn't remember, then don't worry, I forgive you. 

What's that? Oh, you've been waiting for me to tell you whether I behaved myself at the quiz last night? Well. . . to an extent, yes. I did make a point of staring at the team who were blatantly using phones while they were doing it, but that was about as far as it went. Also, I volunteered to do the quiz in a fortnight's time. Sort of. Well, what happened was Dai made an appeal for someone in our team to do the quiz, and Jess beat me to it. She stood down though to make way for her aged parent, and grateful for that I am. In the past there have always been at least two teams capable of winning on a given night. With the best will in the world. . . well, the fact is that we've won most weeks. In fact the only quizzes we haven't won have been the ones where I've been QM. And the team did actually win won of those too! In all honesty I think that the others need to have a chance of getting a win. Hopefully not the cheats, though.

I'm wondering whether I should leave alone the connections and just do a straightforward, no frills, bog standard quiz. Sometimes these are the ones that go down best of all. And sometimes they aren't. . . 

I don't know if you remember a post I made some time ago about being a quiz mentor. No? Oh, do pay attention 007. Anyway, as I said, it was my birthday on Wednesday, and Jess and Dan bought me a mug printed with "Quiz Mentor" on it. Yay! Also, they bought me a personalised parker pen with 'Boycs Team Captain' on it! How good is that? 

No comments: