In the News
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news during the last week?
1. Chloe Smith
2. Keith Bristow
4. Kristian Thomas
5. Max Whitlock
6. Tai Woffinden
7. Jay Phoenix
8. Helen Grant MP
9. Tommy Robinson
10. Bensalem Khan
11. Peter Higgs
12. Joanne Froggatt
13. Tracy Connelly
14. John Wildey
15. Alice Munro
16. Ali Zeidan
In Other News
1. Who was the first sleb voted out of Strictly?
2. Where did dismantling of chemical weapons begin?
3. Who was crowned the nation’s favourite celebrity chef by Olive magazine?
4. Who won the Korean GP?
5. Which former England Ashes hero retired from first class cricket?
6. What was the final score in the Rugby League Super League grand final?
7. What was the score between Spurs and West Ham?
8. Which jockey and trainer won the Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe?
9. Who played Dame Nellie Melba in Downton Abbey?
10. Which team won The Rugby Championship?
11. What was the final score in the Seve Trophy?
12. Which former world leader was cleared of taking illegal donations?
13. What is the Government scheme to stimulate the property market called?
14. Which former world athletics champion was given a two year ban for drink driving?
15. Which classic sitcom is to return for a one off special?
16. What change is happening to the Scout oath from January?
17. Which Swansea City player has been selected for the Spanish national squad?
18. Which grand tour cycle race will visit Ireland in 2014?
19. Who is the new manager of Sunderland?
20. Who was refused an appropriate house by a housing association it was revealed last week?
21. Which world leader had a brain operation last week?
22. Name the Blackpool manager given a five match stadium ban
23. Who lost her post as a Labour Shadow Health minister last week?
24. What decision did MEPs pass regarding cigarettes last week?
25. Which soft drink was found to be the best hangover cure last week?
26. Lenny henry was given the freedom of where last week?
27. Who started the baton relay for the 2014 Commonwealth Games?
28. Which former party leader announced that he will be standing down in the 2015 general election?
29. What will not be available during the next Ashes series in Australia?
30. Andy Murray announced that due to injury he will miss which event in London?
31. Russian authorities claim to have found what aboard the Arctic Sunrise?
32. Which England footballer said that only English people should play for England?
33. A survey found what to be the favourite brand among young people?
34. What mistake was found in copies of the new Bridget Jones book , “Mad About The Boy”?
35. Where will former Liberian leader Charles Taylor serve his 50 year sentence?
36. Which island nation is having to contain a bubonic plague outbreak?
37. 9 lost episodes of which TV show went online last week?
38. Name the film starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Julian Assange
39. Who has been criticized over allegedly homophobic tweets against Lennox lewis and Waldimir Klitschko?
40. Who announced that he will retire from all forms of cricket after his 200th test appearance next month?
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. Youngest government minister who quit as Economic Minister to the Treasury
2. Director General of the new National Crime Agency
3. Horse that won the Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe
4. Winner of bronze medal in vault in World Gymnastic championships
5. Winner of silver medal in pommel horse
6. British rider won World Speedway Championship
7. Set world record for the most bungee jumps in one hour
8. New sports minister
9. Founder of English Defence League – quit because it is too extreme
10. Charged over Lampedusa disaster
11. Joint winner of Nobel Prize for Physics
12. Actress whose Downton Abbey character was raped
13. Baby P’s mother – released from prison
14. Passenger who landed a plane safely at Humberside airport
15. Canadian novelist who won the Nobel Prize for Literature
16. Libyan Prime minister kidnapped and then released
In Other News
1. Tony Jacklin
3. Nigel Slater
4. Sebastian Vettel
5. Steve Harmison
6. Wigan 30 – Warrington 16
7. 3 – 0 to West Ham
8. Thierry Jarnet and Criquette Head Maarek
9. Dame Kiri Te Kanawa
10. New Zealand with 6 wins from 6
11. Continental Europe 15 – GB and Ireland 13
12. Nicolas Sarkozy
13. Help to Buy
14. Phillips Idowu
15. Open All Hours
16. God becomes optional
18. The Giro D’Italia
19. Gus Poyet
20. Paralympic legend David Weir
21. Christina Fernandez de Kirchner of Argentina
22. Paul Ince
23. Diane Abbott
24. They have voted to ban packs of ten
26. His hometown of Dudley
27. Sir Chris Hoy
28. Sir Menzies Campbell
29. Hot Spot
30. The ATP Tour finals
32. Jack Wilshere
34. Some copies were found to contain 40 pages of Sir David Jason’s autobiography
37. Dr. Who – The Web of Fear and The Enemy of the World
38. The Fifth Estate
39. Tyson Fury
40. Sachin Tendulkar