In The News
Who Or what are the following and why have they been in the news?
2. Tamiko Bolton
3. Oisin Murphy
4. Richard Whitehead
5. The Elms, Rottingdean
6. Sarah Outen
7. Michael Downey
8. Melissa Reid and Michaella McCollum
9. Alice Oswald
10. Tony Martin
11. Emanuele Leo
12. Jake White
13. Charles Taylor
15. Iain Dale
16. Samantha Lewthwaite
17. Robin Van Helsum
18. Arctic Sunrise
19. Thibault Hutin
20. Richie Humphreys
21. Dominic Sibley
22. Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale
In Other News
1. Name the mall , the scene of the massacre by terrorists in Nairobi?
2. Who won the Tour of Britain?
3. Who won the German Election
4. Which became the first premier league football club to sponsor a university technical college?
5. Which city was the venue for the Labour Party Conference?
6. Which band were criticized for their tax arrangements?
7. What was the score between Man City and Man Utd?
8. –and Spurs and Cardiff?
9. Who was the first manager to be sacked in the Premier League this season?
10. Who won the Singapore GP?
11. Who became European Heavyweight Boxing Champion?
12. NHS regulators dropped cases into the conduct of senior medical staff where?
13. Which was the only British show to win an Emmy last week?
14. Which broadcaster admitted last week he has been lying about his age, and he is in fact almost 90?
15. Which entertainer faced charges in Westminster Magistrates Court last week?
16. Which team had the last 100% record in the English leagues?
17. Who is exhibiting at the Halcyon Gallery in November?
18. Who finally officially quit UKIP?
19. What government policy was branded Neo Victorian?
20. Which rugby player, having apologized to the Prime Minister last week was ruled out of the Autumn Tests by injury?
21. Which ‘Strictly’ judge revealed that he is due to have hip operations, and is looking forward to them?
22. Who resigned from the Booker Prize advisory committee over the changes announced in the last few weeks?
23. Which team won the American’s Cup, by which score?
24. The siege of Homs reached which unenviable milestone last week?
25. The so-called World’s Oldest Newspaper announced it is going digital only. what is it?
26. In the capital one cup, what was the score between Man Utd. and Liverpool?
27. – and Swansea and Birmingham City?
28. What sentence did Stephen Lee receive for match fixing snooker?
29. Who lost his attempt to recoup his costs from former employee Stella English?
30. What is The Rugby Champions Cup?
31. GB and Ireland’s top golfers have been accused of shunning which competition?
32. Which murder victim’s funeral took place last week?
33. Who left Blue Peter for BT Sport?
34. Why is Harvard University suing Havard School in Milton Keynes?
35. Warrington beat whom to reach the Super League Grand Final?
36. What was the score in the football match between England Women and Turkey?
37. Which former England cricketer has been appointed High Performance Coach in the Australian Centre of Excellence?
38. Which teams won and came second in the County championship?
39. Which teams are relegated from the County Championship?
40. Which teams are promoted from the second division of the county championship?
41. What topped a BBC poll to find the most popular film score of all time?
42. Which 50s rock and roller passed away this week?
43. Who faced a court case for tax evasion in the small Spanish town of Gava this week?
44. Which two teams are playing each other this weekend in the annual Wembley gridiron game?
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. Typhoon which hit Hong Kong
2. Married US investor George Soros
3. Apprentice jockey who rode 4 winners in the same meeting at Ayr
4. Paralympian who completed a run from John O’Groats to Land’s End in 40 days
5. Former home of Rudyard Kipling, now on sale
6. Rowed solo from Japan to Alaska
7. Taking over as chief executive of LTA from January 2014
8. Pleaded guilty to drug smuggling in Peru – prosecution objected to plea
9. First poet to win the Warwick Prize for fiction
10. Winner of the world Cycling Time Trial championship – beating Sir Bradley Wiggins
11. First professional opponent of Olympic champion Anthony Joshua
12. Quit as coach of ACT Brumbies
13. Former Liberian politician sentenced to 50 years in jail for supplying Sierra Leonian rebels
14. Anti-malarial medicine banned by US forces, still being given to soldiers in British Army
15. Scuffled with a protestor in Brighton during Labour Party Conference week
16. The so-called “White Widow” wanted in a number of countries on terrorist charges
17. So-called “Forest Boy” given 150 hours community service
18. Greenpeace ship seized along with crew by Russian authorities accused of piracy
19. Martina Hingis’ estranged husband who claims he was beaten by her and her mother
20. New chairman of the PFA
21. Youngest ever double centurion in County Championship, scoring 242 for Surrey aged 18
22. Their trial for the murder of Drummer Lee Rigby was postponed until November.
In Other News
2. Sir Bradley Wiggins
3. Angela Merkel
7. 4 – 1 Man City
8. 1 – 0 Spurs
9. Paolo di Canio
10. Sebastian Vettel
11. Derek Chisora
12. Mid Staffs
13. The Hour
14. Nicholas Parsons
15. Rolf Harris
16. Leyton Orient
17. Bob Dylan
18. Godfrey Bloom MEP
19. Michael Gove’s Curriculum
20. Manu Tuilagi
21. Craig Revel-Horwood
22. Lady Antonia Fraser
23. Oracle Team USA. They won 9-8 after trailing to the New Zealand team by 8 -1, and one of the reasons for their success was bringing Sir Ben Ainslie on board as tactician.
24. 500 days
25. Lloyd’s List
26. 1 – 0 Man Utd.
27. 3 – 1 Birmingham, meaning that the holders are now out.
28. 12 year ban
29. Lord Sugar
30. English and French proposed alternative to Heineken Cup
31. Seve Cup
32. April Jones
33. Helen Skelton
34. Over their name, which they claim causes confusion because it is too similar to Harvard.
35. Huddersfield Giants
36. 8 - 0
37. Graham Hick
38. Durham are champions, and Yorkshire were second.
39. Derbyshire were second from bottom, and Surrey were bottom
40. Lancashire are Div 2 champions and Northants are also promoted.
41. Star Wars
42. Marvin Rainwater
43. Lionel Messi
44. Pittsburgh Steelers and Minnesota Vikings