Sorry to say that I haven't been keeping up with the papers this week, so there's no new questions, but look out for more in 2013.
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news ?
1. Francesca Pascale
2. Dr. Derek Keilloh
3. Carlos Molina
4. Yasmin Nakhuda
6. Karima El-Mahroug
7. Max Chilton
8. Ephraim Mirvis
9. Mr. Justice Bodey
11. Nick Pollard
12. Richard Hickock and Perry Smith
13. Tom Odell
14. Ian Watkins
15. Park Guen-Hye
16. Bethan Jenkins
17. Scott Johnson
18. Justice Collective
In Other News
1. Who is the BBC Sports Personality of the Year ?
2. Which party were returned to power in the Japanese General election ?
3. Who said that he would refuse a knighthood ?
4. Who is the BBC Sports personality Coach of the Year ?
5. What was the score in the Spurs v. Swansea match ?
6. Which team defeated Chelsea in the final of the World Club Cup ?
7. Who presented the trophy for Sports Personality of the Year ?
8. Why is the inquest into the death of Amy Winehouse to be reheard ?
9. Which hunt were fined last week for illegal hunting ?
10. What was the score between Arsenal and Reading ?
11. What was the result in the Fourth Test v. India ?
12. Which premier League football club cancelled their Christmas party as a response to poor results ?
13. Which Wales international rugby union player was revealed to have a serious back injury last week ?
14. A Salvation Army has been selected to represent which country in the Eurovision Song Contest ?
15. Part of Antarctica is to be renamed what ?
16. Which 78 year old actor will be joining the cast of Coronation Street ?
17. It was announced that the Lindt Gold Bear has been banned for infringing which company’s copyright ?
18. What has happened to the Dead Sea Scrolls this week ?
19. Which 4 sports lost all of their funding last week ?
20. Who attended a cabinet meeting for the first time last week ?
21. Which airline came bottom of a Which? consumer satisfaction study ?
22. Who was Time Magazine’s Person of the Year ?
23. Who lectured students at the Harvard Business School ?
24. What was the score in the Chelsea v. Leeds capital one cup ¼ final ?
25. Which verdict was quashed by the Lord Chief Justice this week ?
26. Who is Middlesex CCC new batting coach ?
27. How much are Thalidomide survivors to be awarded in damages ?
28. What first marks out this year’s Queen’s Christmas message ?
29. What was hailed as Scientific Breakthrough of the year ?
30. Who will Man Utd. play in the last 16 of the Champions League ?
31. – and Celtic ?
32. – and Arsenal ?
33. What was the result of the first England v. India T20 international ?
34. Who has been nominated as US Secretary of State ?
35. Who lost a High Court Battle to get his union to pay his London rent for life ?
Who or What are the following and why have they been in the news ?
1. She became engaged to Silvio Berlusconi
2. He was convicted of acting dishonestly when Baha Mousa died in British custody in Iran
3. Boxer defeated by Amir Khan
4. Japanese owner of Darwin the macaque, who went to court to try to get him back
5. The top computer game this year according to Edge Magazine
6. Nicknamed ‘Ruby the Heart Stealer ‘ fined for non appearance in court
7. New British F1 driver for Marussia next year.
8. New chief Rabbi
9. He ruled that Neon Roberts must have surgery for a tumour despite mother Sally Roberts’ wishes
10. Website which claimed it had the right to use photographs uploaded to it for adverts – has since changed policy
11. Delivered report on the BBC Savilegate enquiry
12. Killers about whom Truman Capote wrote “In Cold Blood” – their bodies are to be exhumed
13. The first man to win the Brits Critics Choice Awards – previous recipients were all women
14. Lead singer of the Lost Prophets – remanded on sex abuse allegations
15. South Korea’s first female president
16. Welsh Assembly member banned from driving for drink driving
17. Interim head coach for Scottish RFU
18. Group with single “He Ain’t Heavy m he’s my brother” for the Hillsborough Families charity , tipped for this year’s Christmas number 1
In Other News
1. Bradley Wiggins
2. Liberal Democrats
3. Danny Boyle
4. Dave Brailsford
5. 1 - 0
6. Corinthians of Brazil
7. The Duchess of Cambridge
8. Coroner Suzie Whitehead allegedly did not have the right qualification
9. Heythrop Hunt
10. 5 - 2
11. A draw
12. Newcastle Utd.
13. Lee Byrne
15. Queen Elizabeth Land
16. Timothy West
17. Haribo Golden Bears
18. They have gone online
19. Basketball – handball – table tennis - wrestling
20. HM Queen Elizabeth II
22. Barack Obama
23. Sir Alex Ferguson
24. 5 - 1
25. The Hillsborough Inquest Verdict
26. Mark Ramprakash
27. £100 million
28. It was recorded in 3D
29. The Discovery of the Higgs Particle
30. Real Madrid
32. Bayern Munich
33. India won by 5 wickets
34. John Kerry
35. Arthur Scargill