In the News
Who or What are the following and why have they been in the news ?
1. Catherine Gowing
2. Paul Gallen
4. Brian Cobbey
5. Bishop Tawadros
8. Nadine Dorries
9. Tavis Knoyle
10. Green Moon
11. Dream Team Honda
12. Tammy Baldwin
13. Justin Welby
14. Peter Rasmussen
15. David Petraus
16. Cath Burrows
17. Jameela Jamil
18. Steve Messham
19. Stuart Laycock
In Other News
1. Who won three awards at the MOBO awards ?
2. Who heckled a London performance of Uncle Vanya
3. Who won the GP in Abu Dhabi ?
4. Who revealed that she has had a double mastectomy ?
5. What was the score in the Swnsea v. Chelsea match ?
6. What was the score in Man Utd. v. Arsenal ?
7. Which team defeated Pymouth Argyle in the FA Cup ?
8. Whose video has been criticized for showing him pushing an elderly person ?
9. Whom did Andy Murray beat in his first match in the ATP world finals ?
10. Who was sacked as manager of Scotland ?
11. Who was a surprise omission from the shortlist for IAAF Male Athlete of the Year ?
12. Who said “I feel a few sausages short of a Barbie” ?
13. Channel 4 was criticized for editing which word from an early evening edition of The Simpsons ?
14. Whose appeal against his rape conviction was rejected ?
15. Which notorious 90 year old gave an interview to a Russian newspaper last week ?
16. What was bought last week by the National Trust ?
17. Who lost his appeal against his conviction for assault ?
18. What was the score in the Man City v Ajax match ?
19. What was the score in the Schalke v. Arsenal match ?
20. Who is appearing on banknotes for his country for the first time ?
21. Which two US states voted for same sex marriage ?
22. What controversial vote passed in Washington and Colorado ?
23. Which architect was formally made a Dame last week ?
24. Which song features in this year’s John Lewis Christmas ad ?
25. Which 92 year old actor passed away last week ?
26. What was the score in the Celtic v. Barcelona match ?
27. What was the score in the Chelsea v Shaktar Dontesk match ?
28. What was the score in the Man Utd v. Braga match ?
29. Which former Coronation Street actor passed away aged 71 ?
30. Which actor was formally knighted last week ?
31. Who announced she is selling love letters she received from Mick Jagger ?
32. what is the name of the North Wales children’s home at the centre of the current accusations ?
33. Who apologized after receiving over 100 complaints that he harassed David Cameron on his TV show ?
34. Which drug company was it revealed are pay8ing no tax on their UK business ?
35. Who has become the first artist to have an album in the UK charts each year of 25 consecutive years ?
36. Aberdare job centres have been giving what to job seekers to improve their chances of getting appointed to jobs ?
37. Who has announced that he will be joining twitter ?
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news ?
1. Missing vet whose remains were found last week
2. New British Scrabble champion
3. Robbie Williams’ first no. 1 single in the UK for many years
4. Former voice of the speaking clock who passed away aged 83
5. Newly elected pope of the Coptic church
6. Brand dropped by Ralph Lauren
7. New ITV sitcom which is to star Sir Derek Jacobi and Sir Ian McKellen
8. Tory MP for Mid Beds suspended for appearing in “I’m A Celebrity”
9. Scrum half for Wales, for whom Mike Philips has been dropped
10. Horse that won the Melbourne Cup
11. New women’s cycle team part funded by Bradley Wiggins
12. First openly gay senator – elected new senator for Wisconsin
13. Newly appointed Archbishop of Canterbury
14. Referee confronted by Mancini following Champions League match
15. Head of the CIA who resigned after admitting having an affair
16. Allegedly the driver who knocked Bradley Wiggins off his bike
17. Announced as successor to Reggie Yates on Radio 1 chart show
18. Apologised for mistakenly identifying Lord McAlpine as having abused him as a child
19. Wrote a book claiming that great Britain has invaded all but 22 countries of the world at one time of another
In Other News
In Other News
1. Emilie Sandé
2. Sir Peter Hall
3. Kimi Raikonnen
4. Sharon Osborne
5. 1 - 1
6. 2 - 1
8. Robbie Williams
9. Thomas Berdych
10. Craig Levein
11. Mo Farah
12. Prince Charles
14. Ched Evans
15. George Blake
16. A section of the white cliffs of Dover
17. Felix Baumgartner
18. 2 - 2
19. 2 - 2
20. Nelson Mandela
21. Maine and Maryland
22. To legalise marijuana for recreational news ( even though it is still prohibited by federal law )
23. Zaha Hadid
24. The Power of Love by Frankie Goes to Hollywood
25. Clive Dunn
26. 2 - 1
27. 3 - 2
28. 3 - 1
29. Bill Tarmey
30. Kenneth Branagh
31. Marcia Hunt
32. Bryn Estyn
33. Philip Schofield
35. Daniel O’Donnell
36. Spray Tans
37. Pope Benedict XVI