Who or what are the following, and why have they been in the news ?
2. Olivier Peslier
3. Mount Lokan
4. Professor Sir John Gurdon
5. Liz Kershaw
6. Vladimir Umamets
8. St. George’s Park
9. Paul Wood
10. Darren Sammy
1. Felix Baumgartner A children’s book
3. Ashley Cole
4. British Museum
5. Cherie Blair and Joanna Trollope
6. Hugo Chavez
8. Predatory Sex Offender
9. The Women’s Land Army
10. Lady Gaga
11. Felix Baumgartner
12. Malalu Yousafzai
13. Abba Gold
14. Yekaterina Samutsevitch
17. Mo Yan ?
18. HMS Caroline
19. Abbey Road
20. Christakis Ioannou
In Other News
1. In which city was the Conservative Party Conference held ?
2. A vandal defaced a painting by whom in the Tate Modern ?
3. Who was announced as playing grace Kelly in a forthcoming film ?
4. Which world leader celebrated a 60th birthday ?
5. What was the score in the Man Utd. v. Newcastle Utd. game ?
6. Who won the Japanese GP ?
7. Which team won the women’s T20 world cup ?
8. Which team won the men’s T20 world cup ?
9. What was the score in the Rugby League Grand Final ?
10. J.K. Rowling has promised that her next book will be what ?
11. Tickets for which event sold out in 100 minutes last week ?
12. Who was censured for his twitter rant against the FA ?
13. What is the most popular tourist attraction in Britain with 6 million visitors in 2012 ?
14. Who are sponsoring the 2013 Women’s Prize for Fiction ?
15. Who won the election in Venezuela ?
16. Which African country has dropped French as an official language in favour of English ?
17. The Met Police used which 3 word phrase last week to describe Jimmy Savile ?
18. At the Crown Fochabers Estate in Moray, a memorial to which group of people was unveiled last week ?
19. Who paid a visit to Julian Assange last week ?
20. What sentence did Justin Lee Collins receive for harassing his former girlfriend ?
21. Who was sacked last week as manager of Bolton ?
22. Which english rugby ground has controversially been excluded as a 2015 world cup venue ?
23. Who are investigating complaints about incorrect exam marking ?
24. Name the Director General of the BBC who announced 2 independent investigations into the Jimmy Savile scandal
25. Which company has been accused of tax avoidance on UK income ?
26. Which company replace Umbro as supplier of England football kit ?
27. It was reported last week that which singer plans to be Britain’s first space tourist ?
28. Name the two participants in last week’s televised Vice Presidential debate ?
29. Who admitted that he has dived for England on two occasions ?
30. Who is the new chairman of the 6 Nations committee ?
31. The first private abortion clinic in which British city opened controversially last week ?
32. What plans for the 100th anniversary of WWI did David Cameron announce last week ?
33. A set of Royal Mail stamps have been issued to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the launch of which satellite ?
34. Who captained England v. San Marino ?
35. Which two golfers contested the Turkish Airlines world golf final ?
36. Which bank dropped plans to buy 318 branches of RBS ?
37. Which organization won the Nobel Peace Prize ?
38. Which member of the West German 1966 world cup final team passed away on the 11th October ?
39. What was the score between both England and San Marino, and Germany and the Republic of Ireland ?
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news ?
1. Horse – surprise winner of the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe
2. Jockey who rode Solemia
3. Volcano which has erupted in Indonesia
4. Won the Nobel Prize for Medicine or Physiology
5. Claimed that there had been a sexist culture at Radio 1, and that a colleague there had put a hand up her skirt
6. Man who vandalized the painting in the Tate Modern
7. Damien Hirst’s largescale sculpture of a pregnant woman, on long term loan to Ilfracombe
8. New National Football centre in Burton
9. Player who lost a testicle in the Rugby League final
10. Captain of the West Indies T20 team
11. Planned to make jump from the edge of space and freefall at supersonic speed – delayed all week
12. 14 year old girl shot by the Taliban in Pakistan for speaking out for education for girls
13. Bestselling CD album of last 30 years
14. Member of Russian group Pussy Riot freed from jail last week – the two other members remain in jail
15. The US anti doping agency which published a very damning report on Lance Armstrong last week
16. Devon town flooded last week
17. Chinese winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature
18. The last surviving warship from the Battle of Jutland, which has had its future secured in Belfast
19. Confusingly named DLR station – complaints that tourists have been travelling there thinking that it is the same Abbey Road as the one with the zebra crossing in St. John’s Wood – it’s actually about 10 miles away
20. Jailed for fraud involving selling fake olympic tickets to parents of competitors
In Other News
2. Mark Rothko
3. Nicole Kidman
4. Vladimir Putin
5. 3 - 0
6. Sebastian Vettel
8. West Indies
9. Leeds 26 – Warrington 18
10. A children’s book
12. Ashley Cole
13. British Museum
14. Cherie Blair and Joanna Trollope
15. Hugo Chavez
17. Predatory Sex Offender
18. The Women’s Land Army
19. Lady Gaga
20. 140 hours community service and costs
21. Owen Coyle
22. Welford Road , Leicester
24. George Entwhistle
27. Sarah Brightman
28. Joe Biden and Paul Ryan
29. Michael Owen
30. Bill Beaumont
32. All school children should have the chance to visit the WWI battlefields
33. Ariel 1
34. Wayne Rooney
35. Justin Rose and Lee Westwood
37. European Union
38. Helmut Haller
39. 5 - 0