Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news ?
1. Adam Gemilli
2. Alex Hales
3. Fernando Lugo
4. Shara Proctor
5. Count Robin Mirlees
6. Troy Deeney
7. Andrew Garfield
8. Elena Vesnina
9. The Elizabeth Tower
10. Viva Forever
11. Cait Reilly
12. Jamie Hampton
13. Pamira Paszek
14. Kathleen Simpson
15. Eric Holder
16. Lukas Rosol
17. Micah Richards
18. Raymond Mawby
20. Simon Konecki
21. Penny Palfrey
22. Agnieshka Radwanska
23. Robbie Grabbarz
In Other News
1. Which two players missed penalties for England in the match v. Italy in the quarter final of the Euro ?
2. What was the score in the Spain v. France quarter final ?
3. Who won the European GP ?
4. Who ran Lewis Hamilton off the road during the European GP ?
5. What was the score in these third test rugby matches – Wales v. Australia ? – England v. South Africa – Ireland v. New Zealand
6. Rowan Williams particularly criticized David Cameron over his use of which phrase ?
7. Syrian forces shot down a fighter jet belonging to which country ?
8. Which British star was awarded her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame last week ?
9. Which country carried out their first ever docking in space last week ?
10. A stolen bust of whom was recovered last week ?
11. Which country announced that it would allow its women to compete in the Olympics ? In the event, none actually qualified .
12. Who signed a one year deal as player coach with Gloucester ?
13. In which city did Seb Coe carry the Olympic torch in the relay ?
14. Which is the latest EU country to ask for a bail out ?
15. In which English town was there violence reported after the England Italy penalty shootout ?
16. Which 3 teams announced their opposition to the reformed Glasgow Rangers starting in the Scottish Premier League ?
17. Which player did Andy Murray beat, who then complained about being given 11 foot faults ?
18. The 3p increase in fuel duty has been delayed until when ?
19. Who claims he’d rather kill himself if he was found to be suffering from dementia ?
20. In which London store have cleaners been protesting about low rates of pay ?
21. Which bank were the first to be discredited for rigging interest rates ?
22. Wild fires raged in which US state last week ?
23. Which writer and director died last week ?
24. Who signed a 4 year deal with his club, just days before being ruled out from the GB Olympic football squad through injury ?
25. Who retained his European 5000m title ?
26. Which city is hosting the European Athletics Championships ?
27. Where were huge Olympic rings unveiled last week ?
28. Which charges were dropped against Silvio Berlusconi last week ?
29. Which rare occurrence happened at the end of June ?
30. Where was the Memorial to Bomber Command opened ?
31. Who was acquitted of one charge of genocide last week ?
32. How long did it take Fifty Shades of Grey to sell 1 million paperbacks in the UK – it has broken the record set by the Da Vinci Code
33. Which Hollywood couple announced they are to divorce due to their irreconcilable differences ?
34. What British institution celebrated its 75th birthday this weekend ?
1. 18 year old, second in British Olympic trials and selected to run 100m for GB in Olympics
2. Scored 99 for England in the 20/20 match v. the West Indies
3. President of Paraguay who was impeached
4. Athlete who beat Bev Kinch’s 29 year old British Long Jump record.
5. Passed away last week – allegedly the inspiration for James Bond
6. Watford FC footballer jailed for a nightclub fight
7. British actor playing lead in The Amazing Spiderman
8. Beat Venus Williams in first round match in Wimbledon
9. New name for the St. Stephen’s Tower, housing Big Ben
10. New musical, written by Jennifer Saunders, using the music of the Spice Girls
11. She is currently asking the High Court to rule that being forced to work in Poundland while unemployed means a breach of her human rights
12. Tennis player beaten in 2nd round of Wimbledon by Heather Watson
13. Player who beat Wozniacki, thus continuing her grand slam woes
14. She cornered David Cameron when he was in Todmorden
15. US Attorney general who may face contempt of court charges
16. Player who knocked Rafa Nadal out of Wimbledon
17. Overage player selected for GB Olympic football squad, for whom David Beckham was left out of squad.
18. Former Tory MP who spied for the Czech secret services
19. Michael Jackson’s tiger, which passed away last week
20. Boyfriend of Adele – the singer announced her pregnancy on her blog
21. Grandmother attempting to swim 103 miles from Cuba to Florida
22. Player who knocked Heather Watson out of Wimbledon in 3rd round
23. New British European High Jump champion
In Other News
1. Ashley Young and Ashley Cole
2. 2 – 0 to Spain
3. Sebastian Vettel
4. Pastor Maldonado
5. Wales – 19 – Australia 20 : England 14 – South Africa 14 : Ireland 0 – New Zealand 60
6. Big Society
8. Helen Mirren
11. Saudi Arabia
12. Mike Tindall
16. St. Johnstone, Aberdeen and Inverness Caledonian Thistle
17. Ivo Karlovic
18. January 2013
19. John Simpson
20. John Lewis
23. Nora Ephron
24. Gareth Bale
25. Mo Farah
27. Tower Bridge
28. Tax avoidance
29. A Leap second
30. Green Park
31. Radovan Karadzic
32. 11 weeks
33. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
34. The 999 call