Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news ?
2) Ashley Butler
3) Betty Smith and Beryl Renwick
4) Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan
5) Genevieve Sabourin
6)Donald Duck Dunn
7) Jonny Bairstow
8) Nafissatou Diallo
9) Jon Cruddas
10) Nicholas Crace
11) John Ruddy and Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
12) Nicola Adams and Natasha Jones
13) Panagiotis Pikramenos
14) Carlos Fuentes
15) The Wiggles
16) Casey Stoner
1) The Duke of Cambridge’s cocker spaniel
2) Winner of Britain’s Got Talent – along with Pudsey the dog
3) Pensioners who won a Sony award for their show on Radio Humberside
4) Owner of Manchester City - Premier League champions
5) In court for stalking Alec Baldwin
6) Stax legendary guitarist – appeared in Blues Brothers film – passed away
7) England test debutant, whose father David also played for England
8) Hotel maid being sued by Dominique Strauss Khan
9) Ed Milliband’s new policy chief
10) World’s oldest kidney donor
11) Only uncapped players in England Euro squad
12) First british women to qualify for the Olympic boxing tournament
13) Greece’s caretaker PM
14) Mexican novelist passed away
15) Three of them have retired – group will continue with new members
16) World motorcycle champion who announced he will retire at the end of this season.
In Other News
1) A new revival of which musical has just opened in the New Wimbledon Theatre ?
2) Which act came second in Britain’s Got Talent ?
3) Who scored the goal that brought Man City the Premier League title ?
4) What is the nationality of Pastor Maldonado, winner of the Spanish Grand Prix
5) What happened in the Williams garage an hour and a half after the end of the grand prix ?
6) Which two teams made it through to the English premiership rugby final ?
7) Which team won the IRB world sevens series ?
8) Which three teams have been relegated from the Premier League ?
9) Which helicopter firm have suspended all North Sea flights ?
10) Who admitted that he doesn’t have broadband last week ?
11) What is the semi final line up for the Rugby League Challenge Cup ?
12) What was the final position of Swansea City in the Premier League ?
13) Last weekend, who became the first ever Spanish club to reach 100 league points in a season ?
14) Who won the Templeton Prize ?
15) What was the offensive message on Tevez’ banner during the Man City victory parade, for which the club made an apology to Sir Alex Ferguson ?
16) Who did new England boss Roy Hodgson add to the England coaching staff for the Euro this summer ?
17) Whose costumes are going on a world tour ?
18) Why was Francois Hollande’s flight to Germany delayed ?
19) Who made a much publicized angry tweet while stuck in a passport control queue at Heathrow ?
20) Which excuse was made for the airport queues by minister Damian Green ?
21) What is being sent to every school in England ?
22) Which sporting figure received an OBE at the Palace ?
23) Which West End show celebrated its 10th anniversary ?
24) Who was controversially left out of the Euro squad ?
25) Who is allegedly suing Steve Kean over YouTube comments ?
26) Which car did Francois Hollande use for his inauguration parade ?
27) Lady Gaga has been refused permission to perform where ?
28) Who will play King Herod in the revival of Jesus Christ Superstar ?
29) A football programme from when and what sold for a record £32,000 last week ?
30) Which 2 teams have reached the League One play off final ?
31) Who was ordered by her government not to attend the Queen’s banquet last week ?
32) Which conference was held in St. Andrew’s University ?
33) What is to happen to BBC children’s programmes ?
34) Whose trial for war crimes began last week ?
35) Who is the most capped player in the England Euro squad ?
36) Who was left out of the Walk of Fame in her home town of Croydon ?
37) How old was the late Donna Summer, who passed away last week ?
38) Who received the Ivor Novello award for Songwriter of the Year ?
39) The US announced that it is suspending sanctions against which country ?
40) Who took 6 wickets in the first innings of the first test against the West Indies ?
41) Which two teams reached the final of the Amlin Challenge Cup ?
1) Starlight Express
2) Charlotte and Jonathan
5) A fire
6) Harlequins and Leicester
7) New Zealand
8) Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves
9) Bond Helicopters
10) Steve Wozniak
11) Wigan v Leeds and Huddersfield v. Warrington
13) Real Madrid
14) The Dalai Lama
15) R.I.P. Fergie
16) Gary Neville
17) Michael Jackson
18) It was struck by lightning
19) Joan Collins
20) There was the wrong kind of wind
21) A copy of the King James Bible
22) Harold Dickie Bird
23) We Will Rock You
24) Rio Ferdinand
25) Sam Allardyce
26) Citroen DS5
28) Chris Moyles
29) 1909 FA Cup Final Programme – Man United v. Bristol City
30) Huddersfield and Sheffield Utd.
31) Queen Sophia of Spain
32) The World’s first Harry Potter Conference
33) They are all being moved from BBC1 and BBC2 onto digital channels
34) Ratko Mladic
35) Ashley Cole (93 caps – Lampard and Gerrard both have 90)
36) Kate Moss
39) Myanmar / Burma
40) Stuart Broad
41) Toulon and Biarritz