Who or what are the following, and why have they been in the news ?
1. Diane Hill
2. Lord Gold
3. Stilijan Petrov
5. German Gorbuntsov
6. Visions of Ecstasy
7. Noah Stewart
8. Geraldton – Western Australia
9. Azmara Quest
11. Daniel Bartlam
12. Clayton Osbon
13. The Shard
14. One Goh
15. Reverend Brian Shipsides
16. Helen Collins
17. Sunshine and Sweetie
18. Cedric Brown
19. Operation Muttley
21. Khalid Sheikh Mohammad
22. Samantha Brick
23. Jim Marshall
24. Laura Johnson
25. Babar Ahmed
26. Graham Freeman
In Other News
1. Whose daughter appealed for the public to send him postcards ?
2. Whose gravestones have been removed from the Austrian town of Leonting ?
3. Which ground hosted the Saracens v. Harlequins match , with a record attendance for a rugby Union club match ?
4. Who has had more number 1 albums in the UK album charts than any other solo artist ?
5. Who claimed his twitter account had been hacked when he seemed to mistakenly refer to Bradford as Blackburn in a tweet ?
6. Whose memorial wood has been decimated by disease ?
7. Who drew 3 – 3 with Manchester City ?
8. Which anniversary was marked on 2nd April ?
9. Which team beat Arsenal 2 – 1 ?
10. Mount Etna erupted again. How many eruptions does this make it so far for 2012 ?
11. What is the new charge for prescriptions in England ?
12. Behaviour on which airline saw Gavin Henson in trouble ?
13. – and which club sacked him for this behaviour ?
14. Novak Djokovic beat Andy Murray in the final of which event ?
15. Which TV presenter is set to face trial for harassing his ex girlfriend ?
16. On the 2nd April sanctions were applied to which African country ?
17. A lone gunman killed students in which religious university in Oakland California ?
18. Who is the UN special envoy to Syria ?
19. Who have been sentenced to jail for illegal residency in Pakistan ?
20. Which Today presenter said that Thought for the Day should present secular views ?
21. Dick Cheney had which operation last week ?
22. Who has been rumoured to be the singer for the theme of the new James Bond film Skyfall
23. Who resigned as BskyB chairman
24. By which score did Barcelona defeat Milan ?
25. What derailed new Bombardier trams in Blackpool ?
26. How much was Network Rail’s fine for the Grayrigg crash ?
27. Which three primaries were won by Mitt Romney last week ?
28. Which state was decimated by a dozen tornadoes?
29. Which supermarket range are going to be completely revamped ?
30. Where did the Queen give out Maundy Money ?
31. Whose Lonsdale Belts are to be auctioned ?
32. Which foodstuff has Sarkozy banned from the Elysee Palace ?
33. Who led after the first day of the US Masters ?
34. Which country has ruled out sending women athletes to the Olympic Games ?
1. The lady who set herself alight decanting petrol in her kitchen
2. Heading up the government inquiry into cash for access
3. Aston Villa midfielder sadly diagnosed with leukaemia
4. Madonna’s new album
5. Russian shot in east London in March
6. Only film ever banned in UK for Blasphemy, due to be released now on DVD
7. First black singer to top the UK classical charts, with his album , “Noah”
8. The racing yacht from which injured British sailors were removed
9. Liner which caught fire before docking successfully in Malaysia
10. New film starring Eric Cantona
11. 14 year old who murdered his mother, allegedly acting out something he’d seen on Coronation Street
12. Pilot who underwent a nervous breakdown in the middle of a flight, and had to be removed from airliner on a stretcher when safely landed
13. Became Europe’s tallest inhabited stricture last week
14. Suspected of carrying out the Oakland shootings last week
15. Jailed for carrying out more than 200 sham marriages
16. 80 year old who landed her husband’s light aircraft when he died at the controls
17. Edinburgh’s pandas – Tian Tian and Yang Guang who failed to make sweet lurve during her 3 days of fertitlity this year.
18. Stole a car and drove off with two babies still in their seats]
19. Surveillance operation to prevent dogging in Cannock Chase
20. The preserved baby mammoth discovered in Siberia
21. Alleged 9 / 11 Mastermind who is facing military tribunal in Guantanamo Bay
22. Writer who made comment that other women hate her for being beautiful
23. Creator of the Marshall Amplifier who passed away last week
24. Millionaire’s daughter convicted of driving looters during the riots
25. Terrorism suspect who has been jailed for almost 8 years fighting extradition to US
26. Owner of London Wasps arrested over alleged phone hacking
1. Max Bygraves – suffering from Alzheimers
2. Alois and Klara Htiler – Adolf Hitler’s parents
3. Wembley stadium
5. George Galloway
6. Linda McCartney
8. 30th anniversary of the invasion of the Falklands
13. Cardiff Blues
14. Miami Masters
15. Justin Lee Collins
17. Oikos University
18. Kofi Annan
19. Osama Bin Laden’s wives and daughters
20. Evan Davies
21. Heart Transplant
23. James Murdoch
24. 3 – 1
26. £4 million
27. Washington DC, Wisconsin, Maryland
29. Tesco Value
30. York Minster
31. Sir Henry Cooper
33. Lee Westwood
34. Saudi Arabia