Sunday 12 February 2012

I'll have a P please, Simon

Have you been over to check out this week's Weaver's Week yet ? If you're not in the habit, it's a habit well worth acquiring. It's a good read, and they always have interesting news. Like the fact that Simon Mayo will be the presenter of the resurrected Blockbusters. He's done a few game and quiz shows in his time, and he's a safe enough pair of hands who won't offend anybody, I suppose. Personally as a DJ I find him a little bit bland, but then on his radio 2 show, but I guess that's precisely the quality that the producers are looking for.

3 comments:

drgaryegrant said...

Nooooo! It'll be like Dave Spikey's Bullseye ie identical in nearly every aspect to the original, but somehow nowhere near as good. I do think great quiz programmes of the 80s/90s should be left where they belong - as fond memories.
Except Fifteen To One of course - that should be brought back forthwith, as the big exception to that rule.
I do read Weavers Week most weeks,as it's full of fascinating nuggets, but can't recall him often discussing contestants' wardrobe choices. At least in the past. That pink shirt really was a mistake, wasn't it?

Londinius said...

You gotta wear what they want you to wear really. Be honest with you, if it was the only way I could have got on the show I'd have done it ina fig leaf and not a lot else. What a horrible thought.

drgaryegrant said...

Yes, to be fair, there's a visual image that will take some erasing!
;=)

Incidentally, I see at the bottom of his article that he's (somehow) got hold of Mastermind viewing figures - 2.35 million. A lot more than I thought, and not far off Uni Challenge. Maybe, just maybe you're right then - if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Pretty impressive given the scheduling cock-abouts it has been subject to (and not just this year either).