Who or what are the following, and why are they in the news ?
1. Sir Philip Hampton
3. Victoria Azarenka
4. Crawley Town
5. Robert Rock
6. Andy Thomson
7. Sea Ceptor
8. The Cathedral of Middlesex
9. Colin Tarrant
11. Gary Dobson and David Norris
12. Kweku Adoboli
13. Slav Mitev
15. Sutton St. James
16. HMS Dauntless
17. Ed Lester
18. Suzanne Greenaway
19. Top Totty
20. John Randall
22. Ed Davey
23. Jacques Brunel
In Other news
1. Senior executives of which newspaper were arrested last week ?
2. Women’s Institute jam has gone on sale in which supermarket chain ?
3. Which organisation has halted operations in Syria ?
4. Who won Celebrity Big Brother 2012 ?
5. Disneyland has announced that it will at last allow employees to wear what ?
6. Who was voted the UK’s most influential standup ?
7. This is the Chinese year of the what ?
8. What was England’s score in the second innings of the 2nd test against Pakistan ?
9. Which Oscar winner was announced as having gained a role in Downton Abbey ?
10. Who will captain England in the Calcutta Cup ?
11. Which of the teaching unions has backed down on the pensions deal ?
12. In a survey – which was chosen as the saddest song of all time ?
13. A wax cylinder has been found , with a recording of the voice of which 19th century statesman ?
14. Djibril Cisse has moved to which Premier League club ?
15. What was the result of the Florida Primary ?
16. Which formula 1 driver was given a suspended sentence for a nightclub assault ?
17. Where will Adele be making her comeback performance ?
18. Who will be the guest star on the 500th episode of the Simpsons ?
19. Andy Murray has dropped out of the Davis Cup tie against which country ?
20. 73 people died in a football riot in which country ?
21. Which French politician was attacked with a flour bomb last week ?
22. Where did the Duke of Cambridge begin a tour of duty last week ?
23. A goose cull will take place on which lake ?
24. What was the UKs most borrowed book in 2011 ?
25. Which hugely respected boxing coach died last week ?
26. What caused consternation when it was found on a Royal Navy helicopter last week ?
27. With which offence has Chris Huhne been charged ?
28. A report says that cars of which colour are more likely to have hidden defects ?
29. Which two teams are contesting this weekend’s Superbowl ?
30. In tennis, which team did GB beat in the Federation Cup ?
Who or what are the following and why are they in the news ?
1. Chariman of RBS who turned down his £1.4 million bonus, thus putting pressure n the CEO
2. Spanish government funded airline allowed to go bust last week
3. Tennis player from Belarus who won the ladies’ singles at the Australian Open
4. Non league football club who knocked Hull City out of the FA Cup
5. English golfer beat Tiger Woods in the Abu Dhabi championship
6. Winner of world Indoor Bowls championship
7. New Royal Navy anti missile missile
8. Harmondsworth Barn, saved for the nation
9. Bill actor , passed away , possible suicide
10. Martin Scorsese’s Oscar nominated film
11. Appealing against their convictions for the murder of Stephen Lawrence
12. UBS trader accused of gambling away £15 billion
13. In court for making threatening phone calls to Paul Burrell
14. Chinese village holding free elections
15. Village in Lincolnshire with a lone gunman hold up
16. State of the art Royal Navy ship sent to the Falklands
17. Head of the student loans company allegedly helped to avoid National Insurance by government
18. Coroner for the Amy Winehouse inquest, supposedly underqualified – inquest may therefore be invalid
19. Beer withdraw from the Strangers Bar in the Houses of Parliament due to its un – PC name
20. Britain’s oldest hip replacement patient
21. US Rapper very upset that Mitt Romney has used one of his songs
22. New Energy secretary
23. Coach of Italian national rugby team
In Other news
1. The Sun
3. The Arab League
4. Denise Welch
6. Billy Connolly
8. 72 all out
9. Shirley Maclaine
10. Chris Robshaw
12. everybody Hurts – REM
13. Otto von Bismarck
15. Romney heavily defeated Gingrich
16. Adrian Sutil
17. At the Grammys
18. Julian Assange
21. Francois Hollande
22. The Falklands
23. Lake Windermere
24. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
25. Angelo Dundee
26. A black widow spider
27. Perverting the course of justice
29. New England Patriots v. The New York Giants