Here's last week's news questions and their answers : -
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news ?
1. Francesco Schettino
2. Jon Huntsman
3. Yousuf Gilani
4. Carole Kolar
5. John Burnside
6. Tom Harris
7. Mildred Pierce
8. Abu Qatada
9. Kerry-Jo Te Huia
10. Saeed Ajmal
11. Kim Jong Nam
12. Boris Island
13. Rande Gerber
14. Elly Nowell
15. Godshifteh Farahani
16. Rick Perry
17. Dominica Cemorton
18. Beck Laxton
19. Brian Shivers
20. Gary Streeter
In Other News
1. The ferry Costa Concordia was wrecked just off which island ?
2. Which website underwent a voluntary blackout in protest against the anti piracy bill ?
3. On which day did Muhammad Ali turn 70 ?
4. Why has a new species of horsefly been named after Beyonce ?
5. Which car has been recalled due to fire hazard ?
6. Who won an apology from The Sun which wrongly claimed that he had groped a shop girl ?
7. How many of the 6 British singles players lost on the first day of the Australian Open ?
8. Which MP was wrongly accused of leaking Michael Gove’s letter concerning the possibility of a new royal yacht ?
9. Which of the Edinburgh pandas suffered from a bout of colic last week ?
10. Bruno Senna has joined which F1 team ?
11. A vaccine has been developed for the B strain of which disease ?
12. BBC have refused to apologise for Top Gear offending which country ?
13. Who was nominated as the BAFTA Best Actor for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy ?
14. Which two coins are to be made slightly thicker ?
15. In new rules what have been banned form the Royal Enclosure at Ascot ?
16. Which National Park announced that it will be introducing parking charges ?
17. Andrew Lloyd Webber’s next talent searching TV series will be on ITV, and it will seek a star for which musical ?
18. Doubts were raised last week over the effectiveness of which drug ?
19. Which country last week saw it’s urban population exceed its rural population for the first time ever ?
20. Which are the three brands most highly rated by British consumers ?
21. It was revealed that last year London police spend £35,000 on what ?
22. Which respected broadcaster was told that she was ‘too posh’ for the BBC ?
23. Who is the only British player in the UEFA Team of 2011 ?
24. Which large US company filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy ?
25. Which player has made a surprise return to the Welsh rugby squad for the 6 Nations ?
26. Which England player looks set to quit Northampton Saints RFC ?
27. How many hacking lawsuits were settled by News International last week ?
28. Who announced that he will be making an album about the Titanic ?
29. 2nd class stamps will be rising to which price ?
30. Who is Britain’s new unofficial trade envoy ?
31. Which TV series has been accused of damaging Ilkley Moor ?
32. Which singer died aged 73 ?
Who or what are the following ?
1. Captain of the Costa Concordia
2. Republican candidate who has dropped out in support of Mitt Romney
3. PM of Pakistan accused of contempt of court
4. Murdered in Handsworth Wood
5. Won the T.S.Eliot Prize
6. Labour MP who produced an online video comparing Alex Salmond to Hitler
7. Production for which Kate Winslet won the Golden Globe
8. Muslim cleric whose extradition has been blocked by the European Court of Human Rights
9. 1st woman to manage to shear 500 sheep in 8 hours
10. Pakistan bowler who took 7 wickets for 55 in the first innings of the first test v. England
11. Older half brother of Kim Jong Un who has been predicting an early end to his brother’s rule in North Korea
12. Nickname of the proposed new airport in the Thames Estuary
13. 10 year old daughter of Cindy Crawford tipped for her own modelling career
14. Student who sent a letter of rejection to Magdalen, Oxford, in the style of their own rejection letters
15. Iranian actress told never to come home after posing nude in a magazine.
16. Republican candidate who has dropped out, and is endorsing Gingrich
17. Singer who dined with captain of Costa Concordia on the day of the disaster
18. Mother who kept gender of her child Sacha a secret – now revealed he is a boy
19. Convicted of killing 2 British soldiers in Northern Ireland in 2009
20. Tory MP who called the town of Dudley ugly
21. Responsible for the deaths of three babies in Royal Jubilee Maternity Hospital neonatal unit in Belfast
22. Iranian News Network banned by Ofcom
3. Tuesday 17th January
4. Because it has an impressive ‘bootay’, apparently.
5. Mini cooper
6. Paul Gascoigne
8. Chris Huhne
9. Yang Guang
13. Gary Oldman
14. 5p and 10 p
17. Jesus Christ Superstar
20. – 1 Google – 2 Amazon – 3 – M & S
21. The Speaking Clock
22. Joan Bakewell
23. Gareth Bale
24. Kodak Eastman
25. Gavin Henson
26. Chris Ashton
28. Robin Gibb
30. Prince Harry
32. Etta James