Thursday 5 August 2010

So its Farewell, Robert Robinson? Would that it were not so !

Just in case you haven't caught the news, the BBC announced a couple of days ago that Robert Robinson is to permanently step down from his role as question master on Radio 4's brilliant Brain of Britain.

The only regret I have about last year's series ( not one to brag, but joint runner-up, don't you know ) is that I never got to meet the man in person, having been a fan since I used to watch Ask the Family as a wee nipper. Mind you, Russell Davies did a fantastic job last year, and I am delighted to see that it looks like Paul Bajoria the Producer of the show has wasted no time in confirming him as the new host. Russell Davies has filled in on more than one series. In the series won a couple of years ago by the late, great Mark Bytheway, Peter Snow was the presenter, and I have to say that it didn't work for me, so I am delighted that Russell has the chair.

As for Robert Robinson, the man is, and will always be in my eyes, a legend. Happy retirement to you, sir.

No comments: