It was my turn to set the quiz for the Aberavon Rugby Club last Thursday. Here's the first four rounds or so. Your target - well the team who won scored 38 on these, so the banker pays 39s and over.
1) In the news – who is Vanessa Perroncel ?
2) Which Asian capital city was designed by sir Edwin Lutyens ?
3) Christopher Trace and Leila Williams were the first presenters of which Tv show ?
4) Which Stanley Kubrick film has a title that means a type of bullet used by US Infantrymen ?
5) Which is the smallest species of mouse native to the UK ?
6) What is the connection between you last four answers ?
7) The American War of Independence effectively ended with the defeat of General Cornwallis in which battle ?
8) Which two Shakespeare plays between them contain the words All and Nothing ?
9) Who did Andy Murray defeat in the semi final of the recent Australian Open
10) What did Apple launch in January which they claim will revolutionise the way that we use the web ?
11) How is life prisoner Iliich Ramirez Sanchez better known ?
12) Which roman letter stands for 500 in roman numerals ?
13) Which British car was produced between 1972 and 2002 as a successor to the Regal, and has now been superceded by the Rialto ?
14) What is the connection between your last three answers ?
15) What was the name of the singer who provided the singing voice for many film actresses in musicals, for example, Deborah Kerr in The King and I ?
16) Which well known singer died of anorexia nervosa in 1983 ?
17) Which is the only country in the world that begins with the letter O ?
18) Who scored the first try in this year’s 6 nations ?
19) Last week thousands of Toyota cars were recalled due to a potentially deadly fault with which component ?
20) How is the AK47 Assault rifle otherwise known ?
21) Which is the largest temple in the world ?
22) The element copper is actually named after which island ?
23) Which medal is the highest civil decoration in the UK ?
24) Which ragtime composition by Scott Joplin was the first ever instrumental piece to sell a million copies of sheet music ?
25) Which British newspaper was launched in 1964 to replace the Daily Herald ?
26) How is the constellation otherwise called Crux commonly known ?
27) What is the connection between your last 7 answers ?
28) Mrs. Thatcher’s private papers, released last week, revealed that she followed which diet, named after a medical establishment ?
29) Which famous scientist once said “I do not believe that God plays dice with the world ?
30) Which of the 8 planets was discovered in the 18th century by William Herschel ?
31) In 1988, when Great Britain won the Olympic gold medal in Mens Hockey, which country did they defeat in the final ?
32) In Roman Mythology, who was the God of the Underworld ?
33) What is the connection between your last four answers
34) Which singer’s real name is Roger Nelson ?
35) In The Simpson’s, Homer works in the nuclear plant. What is he actually responsible for ?
36) Who replaced John Terry as England Captain ?
37) Ian Brown was the lead singer of which 1990s Manchester band ?
38) What name was given to the court of law, in the palace of Westminster, which lasted until 1641 ? It took its name from the distinctive decoration on the roof of the room in which it sat ?
39) Which notorious Australian TV show was set in Wentworth Detention Centre ?
40) In computer terminology, which F blocks unauthorised access to a computer system or network ?
41) Which is the capital of the American state of Arizona ?
42) What is the name of the alter ego of Wonder Woman ?
43) The word Halloween is actually short for which 3 word phrase ?
44) What is the connection between you last seven answers ?