Here are the answers to the quiz that I posted last month.
1) In the news – who is Vanessa Perroncel ?
That French underwear model with John Terry, etc etc.
2) Which Asian capital city was designed by sir Edwin Lutyens ?
3) Christopher Trace and Leila Williams were the first presenters of which Tv show ?
4) Which Stanley Kubrick film has a title that means a type of bullet used by US Infantrymen ?
FULL Metal Jacket
5) Which is the smallest species of mouse native to the UK ?
6) What is the connection between you last four answers ?
7) The American War of Independence effectively ended with the defeat of General Cornwallis in which battle ?
8) Which two Shakespeare plays between them contain the words All and Nothing ?
Alls Well That Ends Well
Much Ado About Nothing
9) Who did Andy Murray defeat in the semi final of the recent Australian Open
10) What did Apple launch in January which they claim will revolutionise the way that we use the web ?
11) How is life prisoner Iliich Ramirez Sanchez better known ?
Carlos the JACKAL
12) Which roman letter stands for 500 in roman numerals ?
13) Which British car was produced between 1972 and 2002 as a successor to the Regal, and has now been superceded by the Rialto ?
14) What is the connection between your last three answers ?
15) What was the name of the singer who provided the singing voice for many film actresses in musicals, for example, Deborah Kerr in The King and I ?
16) Which well known singer died of anorexia nervosa in 1983 ?
17) Which is the only country in the world that begins with the letter O ?
18) Who scored the first try in this year’s 6 nations ?
19) Last week thousands of Toyota cars were recalled due to a potentially deadly fault with which component ?
Accelerator pedal ( that was the FIRST recall, anyway )
20) How is the AK47 Assault rifle otherwise known ?
21) Which is the largest temple in the world ?
22) The element copper is actually named after which island ?
23) Which medal is the highest civil decoration in the UK ?
THE GEORGE CROSS
24) Which ragtime composition by Scott Joplin was the first ever instrumental piece to sell a million copies of sheet music ?
MAPLE LEAF Rag
25) Which British newspaper was launched in 1964 to replace the Daily Herald ?
26) How is the constellation otherwise called Crux commonly known ?
THE SOUTHERN CROSS
27) What is the connection between your last 7 answers ?
All appear on National flags – Kalashnikov –Mozambique, Angkor Wat – Cambodia , Cyprus – work it out for yourself, George Cross – Malta, Maple Leaf – Canada,The Sun – tons of flags, take your pick, I like the sun on Argentina and Uruguay’s flags, Southern Cross – both Australia and New Zealand
28) Mrs. Thatcher’s private papers, released last week, revealed that she followed which diet, named after a medical establishment ?
The Mayo Clinic Diet
29) Which famous scientist once said “I do not believe that God plays dice with the world ?
30) Which of the 8 planets was discovered in the 18th century by William Herschel ?
31) In 1988, when Great Britain won the Olympic gold medal in Mens Hockey, which country did they defeat in the final ?
32) In Roman Mythology, who was the God of the Underworld ?
33) What is the connection between your last four answers
ELEMENTS OF THE PERIODIC TABLE HAVE BEEN NAMED AFTER THEM
34) Which singer’s real name is Roger Nelson ?
35) In The Simpson’s, Homer works in the nuclear plant. What is he actually responsible for ?
36) Who replaced John Terry as England Captain ?
37) Ian Brown was the lead singer of which 1990s Manchester band ?
The STONE Roses
38) What name was given to the court of law, in the palace of Westminster, which lasted until 1641 ? It took its name from the distinctive decoration on the roof of the room in which it sat ?
The Star CHAMBER
39) Which notorious Australian TV show was set in Wentworth Detention Centre ?
PRISONER Cell Block H
40) In computer terminology, which F blocks unauthorised access to a computer system or network ?
41) Which is the capital of the American state of Arizona ?
42) What is the name of the alter ego of Wonder Woman ?
43) The word Halloween is actually short for which 3 word phrase ?
All HALLOWS Eve
44) What is the connection between you last seven answers ?
As I’m sure you well know they are the 7 Harry Potter novles, linked in the order of publication.