Friday 29 April 2022

Quizless Mondays

Not lying to you, I’m really missing Quizzy Mondays on TV at the moment. Bridge of Lies has finished for the time being as well, which is a real shame considering that this was on just on time for me to watch when I got back from school. Still, never mind, there’s always the Thursday night quiz to look forward to. 

Ray was the question master on Thursday night, and you’ll get no complaints from me about that. He does what I (probably unfairly) think of as an old-fashioned quiz. That’s not a criticism. Quite the opposite in fact. Ray does a quiz which shows an understanding of the old adage – something for everyone. Each round has a range of questions of different subjects, and I’d say that he takes a bit of time and trouble on his phrasing to make it clear exactly what the question is asking. We did fall foul of the question “what is produced when Mercury reacts with another metal?” – normally I’ve heard this one being phrased as something like “what word is given to any alloy containing mercury?” – to which the answer of course is amalgam.  So, that one foxed us. 

My turn again a week on Thursday. Have I started writing the quiz? Have I hell as like. Watch this space.

2 comments:

Claire Slater said...

Quite enjoyed Bridge of Lies but there were a couple of problems with the concept which could tell you correct answers/possibilities in advance
There was always at least one correct answer near the "time for a breather" circles, but more e crucially, the middle position in the penultimate row had to be a true statement /answer to enable you to see both answers on the last row

Londinius said...

Shows how thick I am Claire, that I never worked that out about the middle position in the penultimate row. As I said, I really like the show, and it was just a little treat for me when I got home from school every day.