Sunday 11 February 2024

Mastermind 2024 heat 2 preview

It’s heat 24 of Mastermind 2024 tomorrow but I’m afraid that I probably won’t get to see it until Friday. Yes, I’m off with my sketchbook and pens early doors tomorrow to beautiful (I hope) Bucharest. Still, being the public-spirited sort that I am I thought I’d post a preview anyway. So here tis.

The four subjects are:-

The human digestive system

Winnie the Pooh and AA Milne

The Chemical Brothers

The Jack Ryan Novels by Tom Clancy.

Right then, tying to be as objective as possible, whilst I’d prefe rto answer on the McVities’ Digestive system (other digestives are available but McVities make the very finest IMHO) I still reckon general knowledge might well bring one or two.

Winnie the Pooh and AA Milne. Well, if I had to pick a banker subject I suppose this would be it. Details of the books, yes, details of the life of AA Milne, not so much. Possibly 2 points.

The Chemical Brothers. I originally thought that this was another Science biographical round, but apparently the aforenamed brethren are apparently popular musicians. I bet they’re not even brothers. No points for me if I’m lucky.

The Jack Ryan Novels. Not only have I never read any of them, I’ve never seen a film adaptation of any of them either. While this doesn’t guarantee that I won’t get any points on this round, it certainly makes it the most likely outcome.

So that’s it. This time next week I will try to put together a list of the semi finalists and a guide to form.

No comments: