Sunday 21 January 2024

About that League

Okay, so let us return to the subject of the film quiz league that I’ve mentioned once or twice. After promising to post the final positions of the league on Facebook, nothing happened. The firs quiz of this year was last Wednesday. After round 4 there was a brief announcement, and we were told our prize. A  T shirt (of our choice). I’m not really complaining. I’ve had worse prizes in the past, and even no prizes in the past. I’m probably more disappointed over the really perfunctory lack of ceremony over the result. You see, if it hadn’t have been for the prospect of a league presentation then I don’t think I would have gone to the quiz. The subject was films of 2023, and with the best will in the world I knew nothing that the rest of the team didn’t already know.

I hope that they won’t be too upset if I do end up not going to some of he quizzes this year. Now that we’ve won the league once, I just don’t feel quite the same motivation. It’s a funny thing. When I was younger, if I played in a league winning team, then I was eager to win the league the next season, and the one after that, and the next after that. Now though, nah, not so much.

No comments: