Tuesday 27 December 2022

LAMMY Awards 2022: 3) Award for the best achievement in Question Mastery

 Award for the best achievement in Question Mastery

Yes, I don’t always give an award in this category. It’s even more difficult for me to do so now than it used to be back in the days when I was playing in many different quizzes throughout the year. But I have to say that this year there’s only 1 nominee, because there’s one thing that I’ve enjoyed more than anything else in any quiz I’ve played in during this year.

So, without further ado, the LAMMY award for best achievement in Question Mastery goes to :-

Dan Ayres

Yes, I know that awarding a LAMMY to my own son-in-law leaves me open to accusations of favouritism. I don’t care. He’s earned it. During 2022 Dan single-handedly resurrected the music round in the rugby club quiz, and his round on String Quartet versions of popular songs is my favourite single round of the year, not just in any quiz I’ve played in, but also in any round of quizzing that I’ve watched this year.

2 comments:

Daniel Ayres said...

You honour me. This has brought the biggest smile to my face. Thank you very much.

Londinius said...

You earned it!