Sunday 17 July 2022

Not a lot to say

Yes, I know, time is getting on and what do I think I’m playing at, waiting until this very late stage of the weekend before posting? Well, it’s partly because I’ve been pretty busy. I’m doing my first crat fair since 2019 on Tuesday and so I’ve been scrabbing round to make sure that I’ve actually got my wares together to sell. Whether anyone will want to buy, well that’s a bridge to cross when we come to it. Partly, though and more pertinently, I haven’t really got that much to say. Not that this has ever stopped me in the past.

Dan did the quiz at the rugby club last week, making it 3 weeks in a row for my team, since I was QM 3 weeks ago, Jess a fortnight ago and now Dan. As I confidently expected, the lad done good too. Dan has single-handedly revived the lost art of the music round at the club, and this time he did the ever popular – I’ll play the music, and you name the film. Not all completely obvious either. Next Thursday the quiz has the respite of being a non-Boycs quiz, although we’ll be playing.

On Wednesday, though, there’s the monthly film quiz at the Gwyn Hall in Neath. Now, I’m mostly just ballast for the team on a Wednesday night, but I do usually get one or possibly two that the team otherwise might not have had between them. I confidently expect to get nothing that the rest of the team haven’t already got between them on the coming Wednesday. Why? Because it’s a Disney quiz. And I’m pretty sure that the guys will know everything that I know, and know it quicker, if you see what I mean. And I don’t even think I’m too bad at Disney either, but compared with my girls, I’m an also ran.

1 comment:

Daniel Ayres said...

You humble me. Whilst I may have used it twice, I think 'Single-handedly revived' is a little overzealous. At least currently. Let's get a few more under the belt.