Sunday 14 November 2021

Beaujolais nouveau? Me no geau.

Look, I can’t really comment on this with any authority since I don’t really like alcohol very much, and it only tends to pass my lips when not to let it do so would seem rude – I’m thinking about drinking a toast at weddings as an example. So, when I say that I can’t really see the point of Beaujolais nouveau, it shouldn’t come as a surprise since I don’t really get it about alcohol anyway. I have such a childish palate all white wine tastes the same to me, and all red wine tastes the same to me. So, as I said, I don’t really understand all the fuss about Beaujolais Nouveau Day at the rugby club. It’s this coming Thursday.

Now, if you’re a regular reader of the blog, you might remember that Thursday night is quiz night in the rugby club. Not this Thursday it’s not. We’ve been bumped, and the only day that the club can host the quiz to suit anything like a significant number of the regulars is tomorrow. Now, time was, at the start of the previous decade and for many years before it, I didn’t mind attending a quiz on a Monday. Bridgend Quiz League night used to be on a Monday – probably still is, for all I know. But you know, things change. I just can’ see my way clear to going to a quiz on a night when there’s still 4 out of 5 days of the working week remaining. I can live with not feeling quite 100 on a Friday morning because, hey, it’s Friday. Tuesday though, that’s a different kettle of fish entirely.

At least, though, there’s the monthly movie quiz in the Gwyn Hall this week. October’s theme was horror movies, and I was strictly a passenger for the evening. This month’s is Superhero movies. Well, I reckon I have a better chance than I did in the horror move quiz, since almost all of the questions were about modern horror movies. Even if all the questions are about recent superhero movies, I think I know a little bit more about them than horror.

Coming back to he rugby club, the next time I’ll be coming back to the rugby club will be a week on Thursday to be question master for the first time in over 18 months. Well, apart from the floodlit rugby match this coming Friday that is. Apparently the rugby club has a rugby team, as well as hosting a weekly quiz. Who knew?

 


No comments: