In the News
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. Ruben Carter
2. Bernard Hopkins
3. Julian Wilson
4. Victoria Coren-Mitchell
6. Jamaica Inn
7. Andy Murray
8. Johan Bruyneel
9. John Higgins
10. Chelsea Elizabeth Manning
11. Alexandra Hedison
12. Mark Shand
13. Fatah and Hamas
14. Nikki Fox
15. Mark Schwarzer
16. Adnan Januzaj
17. Stephen Sutton
18. Paul Waterfall
19. The Gherkin
21. Andre Lampitt
22. A Man from the Future
23. Prime Pantry
In Other News
1. Who won the Chinese GP in Shanghai?
2. Who is to host a new BBC series of The Generation Game?
3. Which song was last week voted the UKs favourite song from the 80s?
4. Who has taken over at Manchester United until the end of the season?
5. What was the score in the Man Utd. V. Everton match?
6. – and the Chelsea v. Sunderland match?
7. Who beat Roger Federer to win the Monte Carlo Masters?
8. What became the most downloaded song in History in the UK?
9. A huge chemical fire took place in which UK city?
10. David Cameron faced criticism from some sides over his description of Britain as a what?
11. Which football club’s win over Wigan on Easter Monday confirmed their promnotion to the Premiership?
12. What was the score in the Champions League match between Chelsea and Atletico Madrid?
13. – and Bayern Munich and Real Madrid?
14. An advert for which company has been banned for ‘irresponsibly encouraging parents to take their children on holiday during term time’ ?
15. Which organization switched on the first of its planned 44 renewable energy power plants?
16. Which football team clinched the Championship with two games to go?
17. People of which county were officially recognized as a minority, with equal status to Welsh, Scots and Irish?
18. The Mayor of which city has won the right to ban marijuana cafes?
19. Which species of whale are Canada to take off its endangered species list?
20. The Labour party is looking to cut its links with which bank?
21. Which sporting figure’s trial for bribery began in Germany?
22. The annual crime rate for England and Wales fell by which figure?
23. Which organization in South wales announced that it will be creating a Visitor Centre and opening its doors to the public for the first time?
24. It was claimed last week that three cups of coffee a day can cut the risk of what?
25. Nokia has sold its mobile business to which company?
26. Which bank was forced by the government to halve its proposed bonuses?
27. Which Olympic gold medalist set a new British record last week?
28. Who quit as an England National cricket selector last week?