In the News
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news?
2. Jamie McDonald
3. Yasmin – Femodene - Marvelon
4. Dylan Farrow
5. Salvador Alvarenga
7. Janet Yellen
8. Kevin Monk
9. Sean Fitzpatrick
10. Luis Aragones
12. Perfect Circle
13. Keith Wallis
14. George Bellows
15. Lord Edward Somerset
16. Kelly Brown
17. Jon Eley
18. Al-Medinah Free School
20. Louise Brough
In Other News
1. What does David Beckham do for anxiety?
2. Which actor died aged 46?
3. Which actor died aged 73?
4. With which team did Liverpool draw 1 – 1 last week?
5. Which team did GB defeat in the Davis Cup?
6. Which team will GB play in the Davis Cup quarter final?
7. What the score in the 6 Nations between England and France?
8. – and Wales and Italy?
9. – and Ireland and Scotland?
10. What was the score between Man City and Chelsea?
11. Which Olympian was reported as being treated for depression last week?
12. Tim Yeo was deselected as candidate for which seat at the next General election?
13. Who said he will let his fans decide his next opponent via Twitter?
14. Who was apparently sacked by Leeds United – then apparently reinstated?
15. Who will be the first father and son to compete together in the US Masters?
16. Which cricketer was controversially ‘sacked’ by England?
17. Michael Laudrup was sacked as manager of which club?
18. Which is supposedly the ‘fattest’ English county?
19. Which sport was stripped of its British Olympic funding?
20. Who won the title Oldie of the Year?
21. Which team knocked Fulham out of the FA Cup?
22. Which british actor appeared on Sesame Street last week?
23. Who apologized to Andrew Mitchell over Plebgate?
24. David Beckham is seeking a Major League Soccer franchise in which US city?
25. Matt Prior reacted angrily to comments from whom that he had stabbed Kevin Pietersen in the back?
26. William Roache was cleared last week of all charges. How many charges was he cleared of last week?
27. West Ham threatened legal action over which player’s very harsh looking red card last week?
28. Name the Syrian city which civilians were finally able to evacuate last week?
29. Which of the Teaching Unions has voted to strike on 26th March?
30. Who lit the Olympic Cauldron in Sochi?
31. What explanation has been used for Ken Barlow’s absence from Coronation Street?
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news
1. Heston Blumenthal’s restaurant closed again for norovirus
2. He ran from Canada’s East to West Coast with no support team.
3. Contraceptive pills which GPs were advised to warn women could cause blood clots
4. Mia Farrow’s daughter claimed that Woody Allen sexually abused her.
5. The Mexican sailor fisherman who survived a year at sea.
6. Dangerous internet craze for drinking in dangerous places then nominating a friend to do the next.
7. New head of the US Federal Reserve
8. New caretaker manager of Swansea City
9. Former head of the Anglo Irish bank on trial in Dublin
10. New British hi tech stealth drone unveiled
11. REM song – David Cameron revealed it as his and Samantha Cameron’s ‘our song’.
12. Plebgate policeman who was jailed last week.
13. 1st American artist to have his work bought by the National Gallery
14. Aristocrat jailed for domestic violence
15. Scotland captain dropped for the Calcutta Cup
16. GBs flag carrier for the Opening Ceremony at Sochi
17. Controversial Free School in Derby to be closed.
18. Beach in Norfolk where 1 million year old footsteps have been discovered.
19. Wimbledon winner from the 50s who passed away
In Other News
1. Building lego
2. Philip Seymour Hoffman
3. Maximilian Schell
4. West Bromwich Albion
7. 26 – 24 France
8. 23 – 15 Wales
9. 28 - 6
10. 1 – 0 Chelsea
11. Ian Thorpe
12. Suffolk South
13. Floyd Mayweather
14. Brian McDermott
15. Kevin and Craig Stadler
16. Kevin Pietersen
17. Swansea City
20. Mary Berry
21. Sheffield United
22. Benedict Cumberbatch
23. Bernard Hogan-Howe
25. Piers Morgan
26. Six – he had already been cleared of a 7th charge
27. Andy Carroll
30. Yelena Isinbayeva
31. He has been visiting his grandson Alex in Canada