In the News
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. John Hemming MP
3. Stephen Bunting
4. Aaron Finch
5. Boro Taxis
6. Mark Bridger
7. Sinead Morrissey
8. Pygmy Rwandan Water Lily
9. Jupp Heynckes
10. Amrit and Prem Karra
12. St. Nicholas Abbey
13. King Senebkay
14. Charlie Webster
15. David Griffin
16. Indira Gainiyeva and Edward Bunyon
17. Darren Barker
18. Roberto Bautista-Agut
19. Dennis McGuire
20. Headen and Quarmby
21. Hiroo Onoda
In Other News
1. Which former world leader died aged 85?
2. Name the archbishop of Westminster who is to be made a cardinal
3. Valerie Trierweiler, the first lady of France, was admitted to hospital with what?
4. Which 69 year old made an embarrassing acceptance speech in the Golden Globes?
5. Which former TV actress, possibly best remembered for The Champions, passed away aged 67?
6. Who won the Ballon d’Or
7. Which director was given a lifetime achievement award at the Golden Globes?
8. Which 82 year old former Leeds Utd. And Scotland International Footballer passed away last week?
9. Which design of £2 coin is causing controversy?
10. 3 celebrity court cases began last week – whose?
11. Which Devon town was hit by a freak twister last week?
12. Paignton Zoo has banned its monkeys from eating what?
13. Who said that he had refused a request to do the voiceover for Benefits Street?
14. Who announced he was retiring from football to coach AC Milan
15. Which Lib Dem peer faces no action over claims of sexual harassment?
16. What was the score in the FA Cup match between Man City and Blackburn Rovers?
17. Which bowler became the third player to leave the England cricket tour of Australia?
18. Which well-loved actor passed away aged 69?
19. Mikaeel Kular disappeared from which Scottish town?
20. What per hour figure did George Osborne say he would like to raise the minimum wage to?
21. Two unpublished novels by which author were discovered last week?
22. What is the target for Team GB at the Sochi Winter Olympics?
23. Which former Formula One driver won the first two stages of the Monte Carlo rally?
24. Who was reappointed as Chief Executive of the Maclaren Formula One team?
25. 3 friendlies for the England football team before the world cup were announced against which countries?
26. Which boo-boo was perpetrated by the Berlin U-Bahn underground railway?
27. Which city council have banned apostrophes from their road signs?
28. Which 80s group from Birmingham are to re-form?
29. Who has been signed up to help Roy Keane write his second set of memoirs?
30. What was the sex of Zara and Mike Tindall’s baby?