In the News
Who Or What Are the Following and why have they been in the news?
1. Trenton Oldfield
3. Andrea Begley
5. Jeffrey Osborne
6. Lin Harmer
7. Zaid Al Hilli
8. Nik Wallenda
9. Mickey Arthur
10. Steve Darcis
11. Digby Ioane
12. Mick Aston
13. Wendy Williams
14. Maria Kirilenko
15. Aaron Hernandez
16. Caroline Lucas
17. Lord Drayson
18. Cambodian Tailor Bird
19. Sergiy Stakhovsky
20. Ernest Gulbis
21. Iain Lawrence
22. Adam Brown
23. Dark Seoul
24. Get Lucky
25. Wendy Davis
26. Scott Horwill
27. White Throated Needletail
28. Kimiko Date Krumm
29. George Stark
30. Chip Starnes
In Other News
1. Which team won cricket’s Champions Trophy?
2. Which English city began an experiment with ‘car-free Sundays’?
3. Which US cakes made a comeback last week?
4. Where did the Archbishop of Canterbury visit last week?
5. A homemade explosive device was found in a mosque in which midlands town?
6. How did Gus Poyet find out he’d been sacked by Brighton and Hove Albion last week?
7. What was the score in the Under 20 Rugby Union World Final?
8. In which position did Team GB finish in the European team Athletics championships?
9. Who won the title in the British professional cycle road racing championship?
10. For how many years was Silvio Berlusconi sentenced for underage sex and misusing his position to cover it up?
11. Which batsman was dropped from England’s Ashes squad?
12. Name the Irish lock injured and out of the 2nd and 3rd Lions tests
13. Who is the new coach of the Australian cricket team?
14. Who is the new head coach of European Champions Bayern Munich?
15. Which Middle Eastern ruler abdicated in favour of his son?
16. In which airport was Edward Snowden reported last week?
17. Which part of the UK was visited by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall?
18. Carlo Ancelotti is the new manager of which club?
19. What was the score in the tour match between the Lions and Melbourne Rebels?
20. Which 38 year old admitted he had just read his first book?
21. Which figure will be replacing Charles Darwin on the new £10 note?
22. Julia Gillard was replaced laast week by the man she ousted herself three years ago. Who is he?
23. To what did the Supreme Court of the USA give recognition last week?
24. Which player claimed that he has joined Real Madrid last week?
25. Which MP claimed that she will not claim parliamentary expenses?
26. Who announced his retirement from Formula One from the end of the season?
27. What was the result of Ian Brady’s appeal?
28. Which famous painting was defaced last week, allegedly by a member of Fathers 4 Justice?
29. Which company have been forced to remove the WHO logo from their adverts for baby milk?
30. For which event will it be necessary to obtain a bagpipe permit, in order to play the aforesaid instrument?
31. Which country is beginning negotiations to join the EU?