In the News
Who or what are the following, and why have they been in the news?
1. Lord Feldman
2. Tim Peake
5. Emmelie de Forest
6. Neville Neville
7. Joe Farman
8. Forget Me Not Garden
9. Julian Stevenson
11. Kenton Cool
13. Michael Wilshaw
14. Sir David Nicholson
15. Tim Cook
16. Eddie Braben
17. Dominique Venner
18. Bradley Davies
19. Lydia Davis
20. Eric Joyce
21. John Anthony Downey
22. Francisco Schettino
23. Michael Adebolajo – Michael Adebowale
24. Ingrid Loyau-Kennett
26. South Lakes Wild Animal Park – Dalton in Furness
In Other News
1. What unwanted distinction is held by the inhabitants of Elbridge in South West London?
2. Which team did Arsenal defeat to take the 4th slot in next season’s Champions League?
3. An incident with a pig’s head made the news in which football club
4. Who played his last ever game for Liverpool FC?
5. Who took 7 wickets for England in the 2nd innings of the First Test v. New Zealand?
6. What was the score in the play off to earn a spot in The Championship?
7. Who won the World Matchplay in Golf
8. What was the score in the Heineken Cup Final?
9. Who is the European Rugby Player of the Year
10. Who was booed when accepting a Milestone Award?
11. Which film prop was found in a car boot sale?
12. A gas blast destroyed a house in which Nottinghamshire town?
13. Where did the Ark Royal set sail to in order to be scrapped?
14. Who was named as being far more successful than any other performer, living or dead, last week?
15. Which club did Jose Mourinho leave last week?
16. Who is to play Super Mario on film?
17. Name the Oklahoma town at the centre of last week’s tornado tragedy
18. Last week Pope Francis performed his first public what as pope?
19. Which team did Tony Pulis leave last week?
20. What was banned in golf from 1/1/2016?
21. Name the two cabinet ministers who voted against the Marriage ( Same Sex Couple) Bill
22. Which TV presenter said that he had actually heard senior Conservatives using the phrase “Swivel eyed loons”?
23. The world’s tallest what was unveiled in Xinghzi China last week?
24. What was the Azerbaijan voting scandal all about last week?
25. Who is returning to tennis in time for the French Open?
26. Which former professional wrestler passed away at the age of 85 last week?
27. Which former Man Utd. FA Cup winning player passed away aged 60 last week?
28. Who became the first woman to win the Gerschwin Prize for Song?
29. Which company are recalling 800,000 cars?
30. Which prominent French politician is facing fraud charges concerning tycoon Bernard Tapie?
31. Sergio Garcia was widely condemned for a remark he made about Tiger Woods, concerning which foodstuff?
32. Who was fined a reported £15,000 for a tweet about Lord McAlpine?
33. Where was the destination of the British Airways Airbus A319 which had to return after a cowling blew off one of its engines?
34. Which organization has voted to allow gay members?
Who or what Are the Following and Why have they been in the news?
1. Conservative Party Chairman who denied calling party activists ‘swivel eyed loons’
2. Britain’s next astronaut
3. Rod Stewart’s Number 1 album
4. Blogging website bought by Yahoo
5. She won the Eurovision Song Contest for Denmark with the song Only Teardrops
6. Father of footballers gary and Philip Neville facing alleged sexual assault charges
7. Scientist who discovered the hole in the ozone layer – passed away
8. Charity garden Prince Harry heavily involved with in Chelsea Flower show
9. Killed his young sons in the South of France
10. The St. Leger winner which has tested positive for steroids
11. 1st person to scale the three peaks of Everest and 2 sister peaks in one climb
12. Belgian racing pigeon sold for £264,000
13. Head of Ofsted who warned that performance related pay will result in higher class sizes
14. NHS Chief Executive who resigned last week
15. Apple CEO who defended his company’s tax arrangements in the USA
16. Writer of classic BBC1 Morecambe and Wise shows, passed away
17. Far right historian who killed himself in Notre Dame cathedral in Paris
18. Announced as captain of Wales RFU tour to Japan
19. Won the Mann Booker International
20. MP arrested over a fracas at Edinburgh airport
21. Man accused of the 1982 Hyde Park bombing
22. Captain of the Costa Concordia – to be tried for manslaughter
23. Arrested over the Woolwich killing
24. Cub leader praised for speaking calmly to the killers while police were on the way
25. New bird flu virus which can be transmitted through the air
26. Woman keeper was mauled to death in the tiger enclosure
In Other news
1. They have the highest average income tax bills in the UK
2. Newcastle United
3. Stoke City
4. Jamie Carragher
5. Stuart Broad – 7 for 44
6. Yeovil 2 – Brentford 1
7. Graeme McDowell
8. Toulon 16 – Clermont Auvergne 15
9. Johnny Wilkinson
10. Justin Beiber ( quote “I’m an artist and should be taken seriously”)
11. The Geiger counter watch from “Thunderball”
14. Michael Jackson
15. Real Madrid
16. Antonio Banderas
18. An exorcism
19. Stoke City
20. Belly Putter
21. David Jones and Owen Patterson
22. Jeremy Paxman
23. Buddha statue
24. IN the Eurovision Russia came second in the phone poll in Azerbaijan, yet they gave no points to Russia
25. Heather Watson
26. Mick McManus
27. Brian Greenhof
28. Carole King
29. Nissan (Micra)
30. Christine Lagarde
31. Fried Chicken
32. Sally Bercow
34. The Boy Scouts of America