In the News
Who or what are the following , and why have they been in the news?
1. When you really love someone
2. Brian McDermott
3. Hurricane Fly
4. Paul Marshallsea
5. Jorge Mario Bergoglio ( as if you didn’t know!)
6. Paul Arthurs
7. Danny Nightingale
8. Peter Banks
9. John Catt
10. Amalia Damonte
12. Alasdair Smith
14. Xi Jinping
15. Dr. Davinder Bains
16. Eric Joyce
17. Richard Wallace
18. Kevin McGeever
19. Bobs worth
In Other News
1. Where have Charles and Camilla been visiting this week
2. Which writer revealed that he was interfered with as a child?
3. What sentences were given to Chris Huhne and Vicky Pryce?
4. Which sports commentator passed away ?
5. How many Falkland Islanders voted against staying part of Britain?
6. What was the top visitor attraction in the UK in 2012?
7. Who was awarded Laureus sportswoman of the year ?
8. Who received the Laureus lifetime achievement in Sport award?
9. Which jockey rode the champion hurdle winner in Cheltenham?
10. Who has become the oldest woman ever to grace the cover of Vogue?
11. Who was initially prevented from entering the Royal Enclosure at Cheltenham?
12. How many cardinals voted in the conclave to elect a new pope?
13. Who regained his British boxing license?
14. By which score did Barcelona defeat AC Milan?
15. Who announced her first UK tour since 1978?
16. What is the papal name of the new pope?
17. The new pope was formerly the bishop of which diocese?
18. Which new literary prize to rival the Booker was launched last week?
19. What was the score in the Millwall v. Blackburn FA Cup replay?
20. What was the score between Arsenal and Bayern Munich?
21. Which premier league footballer has been charged with dr4iving while disqualified?
22. Which former DJ was arrested again last week?
23. Which competition was won by the England women’s Football team?
24. On the annual Forbes List, who is the world’s most influential celebrity?
25. What was the score between Spurs and Inter Milan?
26. What was the score between Newcastle and Anzhi Makhachala?
27. – and between Chelsea and Steau Bucharest?
28. Which former nightclub and TV stand up comic passed away aged 88?
29. Which jockey rode the winner of the Cheltenham Gold Cup?
30. – and who trained the horse?