Tuesday 5 April 2011

Final Congratulations, boys

Yes, forgive me if I say one last set of final congratulations to my boys of the Llangewydd Arms quiz league team. Last night we played the final of the cup competition in Bridgend. I was worried that it was going to be a close call, and for much of the match that's exactly what it was . Our opponents, a very fine team from Maesteg Catholic Club even led after the first set of A and B questions, and the Individual rounds. We hit a little run of form after this, and had some questions which suited us, and we managed to pull away, but it was by no means easy. So Andrew, Neil, and of course John, many congratulations. You can't do better than to have a 100% record for the season.

But thanks also to all of the teams we've played in both league and cup this season. Your welcome and good humour has been one of the things that has made this season a joy from start to finish. If I admired and respected the league before I played in it (and I did ) , then that admiration and respect has increased exponentially. Many, many thanks indeed.

No comments: